Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Menswear trend #1: painted shirt

First of all, I want to apologise for not posting as often as you might like me to do these past couple of days. I have been holidaying in Jakarta and it has been hard to find time to post. I promise in 2 days time when I come back to Sydney, this will change and I can once again post more regularly.

This post is my first post about menswear trend. I have been in love with the hand painted effect shirt ever since I set my eyes upon the McQueen shirt in Spring Summer 2010. It gives a very nice twist to a rather conservative looking shirt. It is a piece that guarantees you to stand out without looking like you are trying hard to do so and invites people to have a conversation with you.


In Spring Summer 2011, Dries Van Noten did something similar. Instead of using a rather thick looking paint however, Dries opted with a more lighter alternative. I think he used ink in his collections. The result is just equally amazing.


I have been wanting to get one of these shirts, but with my current budget, they seem out of reach. This limitation motivated me to look for a fabric that looked like it was painted and tailor make the shirt. Below is the result. What do you think?

No comments: